Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mile 236,417: General update

Today I replaced my center caps on my front wheels, one had fallen off and another was on its way. I'm glad I got those replaced, now I have four wheels with centercaps. It snowed yesterday, so I went out and played in the snow. My friend brought their truck along too, and I can honestly say that A/T tires make a huge difference in performance over my baja tires. I was kinda sold on how well they worked before, but now I'm completely sold on it now. Unfortunately, playing in the snow can have its detrimental effects too. I took a nail in one of my tires (got it fixed for free at Discount tire co.) and bent my front license plate holder pretty bad after driving off a ledge that was a little too big for my XJ. The slope itself wasn't a problem, but it didn't round out at the bottom like I thought it would; there was a curb there instead (I have NO idea why, the road doesn't even go all the way through). I'll be able to salvage the front part that frames the plate, but the actual plate holder is bent up pretty bad and I'll have to get a new one of those.
I haven't been writing many blogs lately, I've been saving up my monies for a 3" lift kit. Come January, I should have quite a few more blogs to write, but I'll try to keep you guys updated on things between now and then.

Until then,
1,000,000 Miles strong

No comments: