Sunday, November 16, 2008

Jeep To-Do

Jeep Fixed/To fix.

It's a silver 1987 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer, 240k miles. My main problem with this vehicle is it's in disrepair. When I first got it, it was a nightmare. Ever since I got my license and started driving it, I have been working my ASS off to get everything in prime working condition. I have decided to post an UPDATED list of upgrades and repairs I have performed since I first acquired this vehicle:

-New tires
-New front brake calipers, left and right.
-Fixed a spare tire issue (used to come loose and squeak)
-Fixed corrosion hole in passenger right floor
-Laid dynamat (soundproofing flooring)
-New speakers (Infiniti tweeter/woofer combinations)
-Fixed back seat (back used to be broken, couldn't put it up)
-New battery
-Fixed driver door lock (didn't work from outside)
-Removed 3 (yeah, i know) wasp hives.
-New wiper blades front and back
-Fixed back wiper blade
-Back hatch interior panel is no longer falling off
-New front bumper
-Tightened steering wheel (you used to be able to move the steering wheel vertically and horizontally about an inch in every direction, now you can't).
-Fixed window washer sprayer pump
-New tie rod (Pulled right HARD).
-New brakes
-Fixed a hose that wouldn't stay attached (air intake filter)
-Fixed brake lights (bad connection)
-Replaced fuses for signal lights (does this one count?)
-Fixed a loose window trim, cuts down on window noise (I really do need a new one...)
-New floormats
-New battery terminals
-New starter relay
-Headlight alignment fix
-New spare tire

TO DO:
-Coolant fan clutch
-New serpentine belt
-Full body re-finish (paint job, body work, trim repair)
-Fix passenger mirror (completely borked)
-Woofer (still deciding on this one, it's like $700)
-Spare tire cover
-New windshield
-New power steering pump
-Fix speaker buzz

I still want to restore it to 100%. I know this seems like a daunting task, but I want this thing to be a vehicle to make jeep owners proud.

No comments: