Sunday, November 16, 2008

Adventures of the Werewolf Killer, prologue

Well, because it is my most valuable possession, I am going to start writing a blog about my dearest 1987 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer (with the winter kit).

After today, I'm going to be keeping track of my ventures in miles, this is just square one. I went to Mag-Co (my trusted repair shop) for a second opinion about a sound my engine is making. As it turns out, my coolant fan's clutch is locking up. Hopefully, I'm going to fix this tomorrow with the pops. As for my audio system, it turns out that my speakers are actually wiggling the door pieces off their cheap little plastic ratchet bolts. I'm going to see if I can use some removable adhesive to hold it in place and get rid of the buzz. If it's removable, I should still be able to get to my speakers if I need.
This weekend, I'm going to try to hit up the salvage yard for some parts I need on it. My passenger mirror broke so I need a new one of those, I need a new driver's seat belt, some sort of spare tire carrier and cover, and a new crank for my PL (passenger left) window crank. Also if I can find it, I'd like to get a commander visor (self-dubbed name for those solid visor pieces that go over the windshield) and some sort of roof storage device. Some new wheels would be sick too, but we'll see how that plays out.

Oh, quick explanation on "werewolf killer."

My Jeep is silver and slow.
Silver bullets are also silver and fast (duh).
Silver bullets kill werewolves.
Cars kill animals every now and then.
So, in theory, a silver car should be able to kill a werewolf if the werewolf were unwittingly crossing the street in front of said car and collided with it.
Hence, my Jeep is a theoretical werewolf killer.

Yeah, I know.... L....O....L.

No comments: