Sunday, November 16, 2008

Jeep Log: 235792 Miles

Many fixes today! I got some of those really annoying things fixed that I've been meaning to get around to.

Things fixed:
Headlight hood (driver front)
New driver's side fog light
Driver's seatbelt now works.
Left Passenger seat now has a window crank.
New spare tire bolt (where is that fuckin squeak coming from?)
New shifter boot
New passenger side mirror (now points in the proper direction and doesn't wiggle)
Got a lug wrench that actually fits my lugs (I call it a fix)

I noticed installing the shifter boot made the inside quite a bit quieter. Is nice. The salvage yard was pretty interesting to say the least. Pretty much every cherokee has the same problem I do with the rear sprayer. The only difference is some people have approached it differently. One car we saw (driver is/was a skater punk) had a sticker next to it that had the woman's bathroom symbol on it. Saw a lot of cherokees there, only one with red interior; and it was missing the driver's seat, but that's not a very big deal. I got the seatbelt I needed. I can honestly say I've put my blood and sweat into this car, I actually bled while trying to install one of the parts when the wrench sprung free and scraped my hand up a little bit.

With this, interior restoration is pretty much complete. The only things left to do (and these are more pet peeve things than anything) are listed below:

Interior:
Woofer
New front passenger seatbelt
Find the spare tire squeak.
New emergency jack (this one is kinda locked up, I consider it interior because it's under the back seat.)
First aid kit (yeah.....)
Driver's side mirror (it's starting to come loose now too)
Cup holder solution?

Exterior:
PAINT JOB!
Roof rack
Roof lights/exterior lights (10 total will be added)
Xenon bulbs for front lights.
New back bumper
New wheels
Some fancy new tires (like real snow tires type of thing)
Lights under neath?*

Drivetrain/performance:
New fan clutch (Hayes clutch is going out)
New tranny (I think it's taking a shit on me....again)

So yeah, that's pretty much the summary of what's left. It's definitely getting there. After I get the woofer, there's pretty much going to be one massive save up until I can get the outside painted. I've got high hopes for this jeep. I'm kinda worried about this tranny thing, I think my transmission is going out...again...and those are expensive.

*So about these lights, I'm thinking of rigging it up in such a way that when the doors are open, some lights come on under neath that light up the ground, could be good when you're four wheeling at night. Any second opinions on this idea?

No comments: